Monday, January 9, 2012

Charleston Restaurant Week

It's time for the January version of Charleston Restaurant Week (CRW). Beginning January 12th and going through January 22nd the South Carolina Hospitality Association along with the Charleston Resaurant Assocation will mark one of Charleston, South Carolina's premier culinary events. During the period, some of the best eateries in the Lowcountry will be offering special menus and prices that represent deep discounts providing diners the opportunity to dine at world class restaurants for literally pennies on the dollar. Here is how it works, visit the CRW web page for a complete list of participating restaurants. There are three categories, 20 bucks, 30 bucks and 40 bucks. What you get for the price is an exquisitely prepared three-course meal, created by world famous chefs and served in high style by experienced wait staffs specializing in Southern Hospitality, Charleston style.

To mark the occasion throughout Charleston Restaurant Week, From The Land of Palm Trees will feature a few of my recommendations for you in each category. Of course, I will provide you with my selections from the published menus, but be sure and visit the link for each of the restaurants that I feature, because your choice of offered menu items may be different from mine. I particularly like to visit the $40.00 locations during CRW because most of the restaurants participating at that level are world renowned AND outside of Restaurant Week you are going to pay close to a hundred dollars for the same meal.

To start things off, I am going to stay close to home here in the suburb of Summerville, SC at The Firewater Grille. The Firewater Grille located at 109 Holiday Drive in Summerville is one of my favorite restaurants, I have never had a bad meal there. During CRW they are a 3 for $20.00 choice, and thus they offer what I feel to be one of the best values of that category. Check out the CRW menu here. For my first course I am going to order Fried Local Green Tomatoes With our Horseradish Marmalade Sauce. The tomatoes will provide a light and tangy balance to my bold and hearty main course which will be Grilled Sirloin Steak basted with our secret steak glaze and served over
smashed potatoes
. You can't go wrong with steak at Firewater Grille, besides did you say "smashed potatoes?" Finally, my favorite course of the night, the finishing touch to a delicious supper, my desert selection will be The Ultimate Pecan Lime Pie. Two of my favorite flavors, pecan and lime, blissfully joined in a tasty pie.

There you have it folks, I think you have the idea now, especially if you clicked on the links. Now hurry and make your plans, reservations are filling up quickly. What 3 for $20.00 spots do you plan to visit during Charleston Restaurant Week? Check back to see where we are headed next.

Also, don't forget to vote in The Charleston City Paper Best of Charleston Poll. Be sure and cast your vote for best local interest blog while you vote. There are lots of great Charleston based bloggers and one of us will surely win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and Enter To Win A One-Year Subscription to AZALEA