Friday, January 28, 2011

It's Friday!!!

It's Friday, and that is a magical time here in the Lowcountry. Thanks to fellow blogger Doug (Doug's Photo Blog) for reminding me about one of the special things about being in the Lowcountry, Shem Creek Shrimp, fresh off the docks, and an unmistakable flavor. Guys, if you have never enjoyed fresh, local South Carolina Shrimp, I have got to tell you, it is like comparing a fresh garden picked ear of corn to the frozen ears in the freezer at your local grocery store, get the picture? No comparision!!!

Saturday evening will go sort of like this around my back patio; happy hour with a nice glass of Merlot, a warm fire in the chimnea, wool blankets and comfy chairs. And on the grill, hopefully some fresh red drum and a skillet full of Lowcountry Style BBQ Shrimp.

I modified a recipe from Paula Deen for New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp by substituting Southend Brown Ale, from Southend Brewery. A perfect substitution because while the shrimp cooks you and your friends can finish off the ale left in the growler. And instead of tomatoe paste and creole seasoning, I use Sticky Fingers Carolina Sweet Cue Sauce. I would make my own version of Sweet Carolina Cue Sauce, but Saturday evening is about chillaxin on the back patio, so I will take the easy way out, after all, "the livin' is EEEEZZZZZYYY" you know.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Doug, thank you for leaving your comment on my blog today, and adding a link to it in your blog also. It's nice to meet another Doug. I guess, by visiting our blogs, folks will get their daily dose of Dougs!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and Enter To Win A One-Year Subscription to AZALEA