Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Morning Blog Trip Around The Lowcountry

This has been one of those mornings perfect for flipping open the laptop and doing a little blog perusing. An excellent opportunity not only to read the current published posts of the blogs that I follow, but also the chance to re-visit a couple posts of note from the past 3 months.

I have always been a fan of pimento cheese, from back in time when my Uncle Wilbur used to produce the best in the world in his meat market in Marlinton, West Virginia. I remember when Senator Robert C. Byrd used to drive out of his way just to join my Grandfather and Uncles at the big butcher block in the meat department for some pimento cheese sandwiches made on fresh Purity or Sunbeam Bread. Well since then, I have tried a lot of versions, some I love and some I will probably pass on the next time I am presented with the choice. One of my favorite blogs, Al Forno Charleston published an excellent piece on Pimento Cheese as "the new Southern Icon" back in February, check it out.

I mentioned yesterday that I was headed to the Summerville Community Farmers Market, which I did. I enjoyed renewing old acquaintances with the vendors from last year, as well as getting to know some of the new vendors. I was able to collect some wonderful fresh picked local strawberries yesterday as well as some local shrimp and fresh flounder which we enjoyed for dinner last night. I also picked up a salmon colored hibiscus for the front yard and a double pink Rose of Sharon for the ongoing landscape project in the back. But my friend and fellow West Virginian Lisa published a delicious post about her experience downtown in Marion Square at the Charleston Farmers Market yesterday in Charleston Treasures.


While you are at it cruising around Lowcountry Blogs, check out a couple others that I enjoyed this morning. As always, the other Doug at Doug's Photo Blog is noteworthy with a beautiful church photo this morning. And finally, don't miss the opportunity to check in with Olivia at Everday Musings and view some great dynamic shots of Charleston Scenery, while you're there, don't forget to take a look at her cake stand link and see some of the unique handcrafted cake stands that she produces.

Well, that pretty much sums up my Sunday Morning. I am happy that the antibiotics seem to finally be winning the battle against the periodontal abscess that has significantly whipped my butt this week. Just in time for back to work tomorrow evening. Thanks for joining me on my blog cruise around the Lowcountry, Enjoy. Have a great day wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and Enter To Win A One-Year Subscription to AZALEA