Friday, July 15, 2011

Fiesta Means Lots of Margaritas In Spanish, Right?

If you have been following this little series of blogs on From The Land of Palm Trees vacation to Snowshoe Mountain you have probably concluded that we had a great time and good food and drink was in abundance. Another of the highlights of the trip had to be "Fiesta Night". Remember that we had a couple of teams overseeing the planning and preparation of dinners for the group. My niece Lisa, I have no earthly idea why she is puttering around with chemistry degrees and praxis exams in WV when her obvious calling is in hospitality, event planning and culinary skills as you can see, was team leader for the Hammond Family Fiesta. (banner art by my wife Michelle)



Several of us had played an afternoon round of golf at the Raven Course at Snowshoe and when we arrived back at the house on the mountain top I can remember looking at my oldest son JD and saying, "this could turn into a hot mess." That was after seeing the industrial size margarita blender on the counter with the hundred different kinds of fresh fruit for margaritas.




My fears were realized when I noted some of the family members were approaching the margarita bar from a two-fisted perspective.



Not to mention the fact that my youngest son (virgin margarita by the way) had invented a spill proof lid for a frozen margarita glass and was playing the part of Pedro to perfection.







Well fortunately we moved quickly from happy hour and appetizers to the main course of fajitas a dozen different way and before long it was time for the entertainment to begin. It was a fun night of family time and relaxation and the memories will linger for a long time.







Judging by the temperature on my front porch this morning, the heat wave of 2011 has released us from it's grip, the weekend is here and my three week vacation is nearing it's end, but not before a fun weekend with company (my sister-in-law and niece are visiting). Wherever you find yourself today, I hope you have a great day From The Land Of Palm Trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and Enter To Win A One-Year Subscription to AZALEA